Thursday, June 15, 2023, 8:40 p.m
Bad news for consumers. Electricity prices have continued to rise since last March and are reaching their highest prices. Prices for regulated rate customers linked to the wholesale market will rise by 16% compared to the previous day. 122.42 Euros per MWh (MWh) In this scenario, the hours we run our electrical appliances are even more important. Doing it when the price is lower will save tens of euros. In addition, the strip changes again compared to the previous day. Thursday Cheap hours Was from 1:00pm to 3:00pm but will be this Friday 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM at 97.01 Euros/MWh. The hours to avoid are 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM, 156.13 Euro/MW.
It is necessary to find the average price rather than the price that the total electricity market registers tomorrow Back to last March 15When it was 132.68 euros/MWh.
To the average price of this 'pool’ is added the compensation to the gas companies, which is to be paid whether the consumers who are the beneficiaries of the metering, the consumers of the regulated tariff (PVPC) or the company itself. The free market has an indexed rate, but it is again 0 euro/MW, which has been repeated since February 27.
The so-called 'Iberian exception’ has been extended until December 31 after an agreement reached by Spain and Portugal with the European Commission. Therefore, it has been extended for seven months till the end of this year and it is not excluded that it may be extended for a longer period if the said framework is also extended.
In particular, the agreement not only represents the extension of the Iberian exception already used, but also some changes to accommodate it, namely the price reference, which until now has increased by five euros per month, will now be softer.
In the original contract, the aforementioned reference price for gas had an average value of 48.8 Euro/MW: it was 40 Euro/MW for six months, rising by 5 Euro/MW every month thereafter. Now, it will end up at 65 Euro/MW, up 1.1 Euro/MW from last April.
Currently, the mechanism has had no effect on the margin matching processes in the wholesale markets since the end of February due to the drop in the price of natural gas below the limits set for its use, but will allow an extension, if necessary. Maintain a reasonable price and do not depend on the evolution of natural gas.
To reduce consumption and reduce electricity bills, you can follow the following tips:
To reduce consumption, it is advised to:
– Unplug electrical appliances when away from home for long periods (vacation). Especially the fridge freezer It consumes up to 30% of total household consumption.
– Avoid leaving them on „stand by” as they will continue to spend even if they don’t consume.
– Try to use sunny weather to dry clothes.
It is recommended that:
– Use hot water wisely. Care should be taken not to open a tube more than necessary.
– Generally, a water temp Between 30ºC and 35ºC That might be enough.
It is recommended that:
– Gradually replace incandescent and halogen bulbs with LED technology, as it uses ten times less power than incandescent bulbs and has a ten times longer useful life, saving 85% of energy.
– Take advantage of natural light by dimming in naturally lit areas and whenever there are open spaces or glass walls that contribute to passive surveillance.
Enjoy unlimited access and exclusive benefits
Already a subscriber? to login