In the constant evolution of marketing, we all have to do trial and error to find the right formula. I believe there are three fundamental pillars that we should never take for granted: Strategy + Technology + TeamIt is the key formula for creating results and impact in the organization.
20 years ago, the strategy Marketing in organizations, it used to be product centric. Over the years, consumers start to „need” more than what they are looking for, which is why it becomes a customer centric strategy where brands can get to know their customers deeply, understand their needs, retain and build on them. Engage with them, both offline and online, through omnichannel strategies.
Omnichannel is essentially based Technology. It defines the rhythm and schedule to be implemented, communication between channels, data collection, analysis and interpretation, process automation, artificial intelligence or other, make reality, allowing companies to build as much as they think. Actions like:
- Personalization: Stay close to customers by tailoring the experience to their needs and creating offers and specific content in appropriate channels based on their behavior to improve sales relevance and effectiveness.
- Data analysis: Understanding user sentiments regarding brand and/or products across different channels, predicting customer behaviors and anticipating needs to be timely, identify customer lifetime value, predict sales, risk of abandonment, process data on business needs, defaults, etc.
- Virtual Assistants: They improve efficiency, availability and consistency in customer service, while contributing to the collection of valuable data and improving the experience.
Who is responsible for achieving all this magic? Your teamThe most important component of all that we discuss is who needs to constantly update their knowledge and understand how to incorporate new technology into their work.
- Motivate your team Continuous trend improvementLooking outside the box, interested in data, technology, automation.
- Support your team To develop human skillsCreativity, empathy, strategic focus, focus on what technology cannot achieve today,
- Look for AI/technology-based tools to partner with your team to help them streamline tasks, become more efficient, and improve results.
For technical marketing growth, I highlight 4 points that I believe are essential to X-raying how we are, what we have, and where we want to go.
- Analyze your team and its capabilities
- Assess the technology ecosystem you have in place in the organization
- Clearly identify your information sources and their quality.
- Understand the quality of your data and the level of knowledge of your customers
Don’t see technology as a competition or an adversary, we should consider it as a strategic partner to achieve better results and differentiate yourself from the competition.