KLHK: A circular economy ecosystem was created to tackle waste

JAKARTA (ANTARA) – The Ministry of Environment and Forestry (KLHK) has announced that waste management in Indonesia is being carried out sustainably with the help of a circular economy ecosystem.

„A collaborative approach is being taken to achieve the goal of reducing waste emissions within the framework of the 'Zero Waste, Zero Emissions’ programme,” said Rosa Vivian Ratnavati, Director General of Garbage, Waste and B3 Management, KLHK. Jakarta on Saturday.

He added that the development of a circular economy ecosystem is key to protecting the environment and promoting economic and social welfare.

Collaboration between government, commercial enterprises, private sector and society aims to establish a waste management value chain.

„Each party has a role in a circular process that will ultimately contribute to reducing national waste and achieving the goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions,” he explained.

KLHK noted that Indonesia has successfully reduced waste by 17.34 percent to 69.2 million tons in 2022, equivalent to 12 million tons of total waste.

The ministry has launched a program called Clean Indonesia 2025, which focuses on national policies and strategies for managing household and similar waste.

Through this project, KLHK aims to handle 70 percent of waste and reduce the remaining 30 percent through a strategy that encompasses the entire waste management process.

„By strengthening the value chain among stakeholders, we are confident that we can jointly address the challenges in Indonesia and provide solutions to tackle waste,” Ratnawati said.

Related news: Government highlights strategic role of waste banks in Indonesia
Related News: Key circular economy policies to deal with plastic waste: Ministry

READ  Global economy in precarious position amid high interest rates

Translated by: Sugiharto Poornama, Katriana
Author: Anton Santoso
Copyright © ANTARA 2023

Dodaj komentarz

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *