Princess Kate and Prince William have been „overwhelmed” by public response to her cancer diagnosis, palace says

Catherine, Princess of Wales, and her husband, Prince William, have been „overwhelmed” by the global response. His cancer diagnosisKensington Palace said in a statement on behalf of the couple, and has now reiterated their request for privacy.

The princess, also known as Kate Middleton, declared Last week, she was diagnosed after stomach surgery in January, which has seen her carefully disappear from public life.

„Both the Prince and Princess have been deeply touched by the kind messages from people in the UK, the Commonwealth and around the world in response to His Royal Highness's message,” a palace spokesman said on Saturday night. „They are very touched by the public's warmth and support and are grateful that their request for privacy has been understood at this time.”

The statement added that the palace will not make any further announcements about Princess Kate this weekend.

„We are happy to take technical questions, but at this time we note the need to provide family space and privacy,” the spokesperson said.


The world reacts to Princess Kate's cancer diagnosis

03:06

Following this announcement, people around the world have voiced their support for the princess. As well as various members of the royal family, including King Charles III, Buckingham Palace said in a statement that he was „very proud of Catherine for her courage in speaking out” and „remains in close contact with her beloved daughter-in-law”. In recent weeks, the Associated Press reported. The King and Queen Camilla „will continue to offer their love and support to the entire family at this difficult time,” the palace said in the statement, according to the AP.

READ  Gemma Collins has announced she's finally happy with her body after years of yo-yo dieting and says 'I'm not going to waste my life trying to be skinny'

Prince Harry and Meghan Kate also shared a statement in response to the diagnosis.

„We wish Kate and the family the best of health and recovery, and hope they can do so privately and in peace,” the statement read.

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said in a statement Kate had „the love and support of an entire country” and Kate's Instagram video has nearly 5 million likes.

Social media and tabloid headlines were rife with rumors and conspiracy theories about Kate's whereabouts Elective abdominal surgery.

News that Charles is King undergoing cancer treatment The online frenzy over the princess's health in early February only added to the frenzy. was Digitally converted Before it was released on Mother's Day in the UK, Kate later apologized and said she edited the photo because the palace refused to release the original image.

Appearing to respond to controversy and fanciful speculation about her well-being, Kate announced her cancer diagnosis in a video message recorded at her family home in Windsor last Wednesday and released two days later. Like the king, the princess did not specify what type of cancer she had, but said it had recently started when the video was recorded. A preventive course of chemotherapy.

Kate revealed earlier this year that she underwent major stomach surgery in what was initially thought to be non-cancerous. He said the surgery was a success, but a follow-up examination revealed „the cancer was there”.

„This has certainly come as a huge shock and William and I are doing everything we can to process and manage this personally for the benefit of our young family,” she said in a video message. „As you can imagine, it took time. It took me time to recover from major surgery to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it took us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis. It was okay for them, and I had to reassure them that I was going to be OK. .”

READ  Greta Gerwig on Finding the Perfect Rose Pink

Dodaj komentarz

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *